Feb. 8th, 2013 08:36 pm
walkwithheroes: [Random] (Random Panda)
[personal profile] walkwithheroes
I had a somewhat small seizure Wednesday (around 11:30). It was odd. I haven't had a noticeable seizure (like not partial and small) in three years or so. Usually my seizures are at night and more often than not they are grand mal. But, on Wednesday: I suddenly felt like I might be ill, so I told my co-workers I was going to the back for a moment and they asked what was wrong. I just suddenly started sobbing and said I thought I was having a seizure. I felt like I was shaking and went on sobbing for several minutes. Several coworkers were very kind about it, and my mother came and got me. On Thursday I was ready to get back to work, when I felt my legs and arms shaking - only they weren't moving. I also stared off for several moments three times that morning. I think they were 'after shocks' of the other seizure. Today I'm very sleepy and a bit confused - I can barely recall Wednesday and have been told I said a few 'weird' things this morning. (Not even asking what I said. I know a guy who asks for a tomato after his seizures.)

I have an appointment with my doctor on the 20th. I spoke with his NP on Wednesday and was basically told: "You should have gone to the ER. Just take your meds. He may want to up your dosage." Dude! I take 1,200 MGs of this drug a day. I've been taking it for eight years. I haven't had blood work in five. I've never had a seizure like this before. (Three years ago, I was found crying in the bathroom around 2 in the morning - three weeks later I had a grand mal at night; I was alone and was very lucky I didn't do more than break a closet door and bruise my leg (a fan fell on it))Because it was during the day (haven't had that in 11 years) and because it was so odd - uncontrollable sobbing and my body felt like it was shaking and there was an unsteady balance and some confusion - I'd really love blood tests and even an EKG.

But the worst part? It's a bit of a waiting game for me. I need to know why it happened. Was it because I skipped two pills with in a week? Am I growing immune to the meds? The stress of the job? Or something worse. And when will the next one happen, because with me - it always comes in twos, usually three weeks to a month apart.
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
Account name:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
HTML doesn't work in the subject.


Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.


walkwithheroes: [Hong Gil Dong] (Default)

October 2013


Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 25th, 2017 08:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios